Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Award winning Poet, Historian & Author. 2nd Place Winner of the Patrick Kavanagh International Poetry Award 2011; 3rd Place Winner of Jonathan Swift Creative Writing Awards (poetry) 2012 Author of 'The Battle of Jadotville: Irish Soldiers in Combat in the Congo, 1961.' & 'Allegiances Compromised: Ex British Soldiers in the Irish Army 1913-24.' Served as United Nations Peacekeeper in Lebanon & Kosovo with Irish Defence Forces. PEACEKEEPER poetry collection (Doire Press 2016)
- 33,848 hits
- HURRICANE - a poem by Michael J. Whelan michaeljwhelan.wordpress.com/2016/09/11/hur… via @wordpressdotcom 14 hours ago
- RT @marculyseas: Awake, poems by Bob Shakeshaft in Live Encounters Poetry & Writing March 2017 liveencounters.net/le-poetry-writ… @MichaelJWhelan1 htt… 3 days ago
- RT @KNolanWriter: The podcast of my recent 'featured-writer' slot on @DublinSouthFM Speaking about #themergsessions and reading some poems… 6 days ago
- RT @IrishAirCorps: "If you know whence you came, there are absolutely no limitations to where you can go". In 2016, over 6,000 visitors tou… 1 week ago
- RT @PoetryProgRTE: RTE radio's commissioning round has now closed. Watch this space for news of a new poetry series in the coming months. O… 1 week ago